Back Ground Checks
Expanded Background Checks
Consistent with new laws and our renewed focus on fighting child abuse, SSAP/SSC are committed to an expanded background check and screening process. The new federal policy requires every adult associated with all Youth organizations who may have the opportunity to have direct and unmonitored access to children to have background screening that includes:
- Nebraska Criminal Offender Record Information search and check
- National Background search and check (inclusive of State and National Sexual Offender Record Information (SORI)
USSSA Youth Soccer will also screen against all necessary external databases, disqualification lists and disciplinary records.
The following individuals are required to register:
- Coaches (all types)
- Team Managers, including designated team parents assigned team management responsibilities
- Board members (Officers, Directors, Administrators, Committee Chairs, Appointees, etc.)
- Referees (Note: All USSF Referees will complete their CORI registration through MSRC).
- Trainers (Permanent or Temporary)
- Organization Employees
- Concession Workers
- Tournament Organizers, Employees, Volunteers
- Any other person age 18 or older who may have the opportunity to have direct and unmonitored access to children.
These checks will be conducted in a streamlined and simple process similar to the one we previously used for Adult Registrations. Now, the Adult Registration will be used for Background, and SORI searches, and each of these searches will have a common expiration date, lessening the need for multiple registration dates.